Mental Health Therapist
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: Citrus Heights
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Associate Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team
providing treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical
Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct therapy sessions, and other case management tasks, as
assigned. Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment. All documentation is required to be done
at the time of service.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Maintain a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions assigned
weekly for patients, including family/support system sessions
aligned with the patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
Returning all calls and emails within 2 hours during business hours
of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence. - -
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu. Provides
on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and returns all
program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call. Communicates
appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional Director
regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call. Monday - Friday
8AM-5PM------ -For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our
website at centerfordiscovery.com. Qualifications
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements to conduct therapeutic
- Operates under clinical -supervision -
- Has a BBS number
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin. For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ PandoLogic.
Keywords: Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker, Location: Citrus
Heights, CA - 95611 , PL: 554655296
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Citrus Heights , Mental Health Therapist, Other , Citrus Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!