Location: Citrus Heights
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Why do our members choose to purchase fruits & vegetables at Sam's
Club? Our members tell us one of the biggest reasons is they get
quality & fresh food at low cost. As a part of our produce team,
you'll make important decisions about the quality of the produce
that members and their families eat by ensuring availability,
cleanliness and freshness. You will be in the front-lines of
customer service - your smile makes a difference and you can help
enhance the member's shopping experience. Come, be a part of a team
that offers our members more for less.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
* You have a passion for and experience with produce
* You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
* You are comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different
* You're a curious and creative thinker, driving change through
* You can communicate effectively and positively influence team
* You will lead by example
You will make an impact by:
* Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking
* Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club
as needed, answering any questions they may have
* Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
* Receiving & stocking merchandise in an organized manner
* Maintaining inventory so that there is no out of stock and
The above information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job. The full job description can be made
available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
* Be a Team Member: Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products;
collaborating with cross functional teams and helping educate other
associates on tools, tasks, and resources; communicating
effectively and developing interpersonal skills for providing
customer service; and being flexible to the needs of the business
to work in other areas, tracking goods, maintaining in-stock
levels, and controlling shrinkage in a timely manner.
* Be an Expert: Understands the processes and specifications
related to quality of various types of produce merchandise (for
example, taste, preparation method or use, seasonality); preparing
(trim, crisp, package, scale) products according to established
standards; maintaining product safety and following company
sanitation guidelines; and adhering to applicable laws,
regulations, and company policies related to produce quality.
* Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the
shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing
hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related
to production, training, and product quality with the member in
mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
* Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the area; utilizing
digital tools; using perpetual inventory management techniques to
stock and rotate department products; ensuring quality and date
control standards; eliminating waste; guiding peers and providing
attention to customer needs; assisting customers according to
company policies and procedures.
* Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and
the club by valuing the member's experience in meat area and
modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at
highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy,
commitment, and passion for the work.
* Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of
ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using
the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business
processes and practices.
* Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies,
data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers,
customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities,
deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating
progress and information; determining and recommending ways to
address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning
from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me
to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments
within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
7147 GREENBACK LN, CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA 95621-5526, United States of
About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing
need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since
then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in
the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable,
wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving
simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average
club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general
merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a
pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe
we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the
communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique
styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions-
while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for
you & dependents
* Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
* Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live
Better U program
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on
your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 20-30 minutes to complete your application for
the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please
make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Wal-Mart, Citrus Heights , Produce Associate, Other , Citrus Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!