Company: Lhoist North America
Posted on: May 22, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Lab Technician has responsibility for the sites performance of
quality processes. The position is accountable for safety and
environmental compliance for the laboratory; cost control, quality
reporting and equipment maintenance; maintenance of product
compliance programs which include Safe Quality Food and NSF/ANSI
60. Perform all day-to-day plant production quality and raw
material analysis. Communication of test results in a timely manner
is critical for the smooth operation of the plant, and satisfaction
of our customers. This position will support the plant management
in maintaining product quality and integrity.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
LEADERSHIP FOR LABORATORY SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
* Ensure a safe workplace and regulatory compliance with federal
(MSHA, OSHA), state, local, and Company safety policies.
* Support Environmental Health and Safety initiatives and awareness
* Actively participate in audits for regulatory, quality, safety
and environmental compliance at the site.
SAFE QUALITY FOOD (SQF):
* Ensure a SQF workplace maintained within Federal FDA Food
Modernization Safety Act (CFR Code of Federal Regulations Title 21,
Part 507) compliance.
* Support SQF initiatives and awareness programs.
* Be a leader and promoter of employee safety and SQF culture.
* Ensure proper training programs are implemented for new employees
and continued for existing employees.
* Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, SQF and
environmental compliance at the site.
QUALITY CONTROL TESTING / PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
* Maintain quality assurance programs.
* Accurately sample and measure chemical and physical properties on
all types of raw and finished products following established
* Effectively document, interpret and communicate analysis to
maintain product quality.
* Prepare charts and graphs of data and enter data into computer
* Lead investigations on customer complaints to find root causes.
* Interact directly with sales team as needed.
* Report quality non-conformances.
* Conduct quality audits in the various departments to ensure
consistently high quality of various products.
* Participate in regional and corporate quality initiatives.
* Identify and lead quality improvement initiatives.
* Implement and sustain 5S in the laboratory.
* Effectively communicate quality findings with team members.
* Train and coach on quality matters as needed.
* Assist with tasks in other departments as needed.
* Maintain chemical solutions, laboratory instruments and work
environment in a clean and safe manner.
* Maintain laboratory supplies and related inventory.
* Support and lead the Laboratory Safety initiatives.
* Responsible for minor repairs on laboratory equipment, facilities
and preventative maintenance.
* Communicate needed repairs and replacements of laboratory
* Sending out and receiving sample requests.
* Assisting in various daily operations.
* Assist with creating purchase orders and invoicing
* Interacts and behaves professionally, following Lhoist corporate
core principles of Courage, Respect and Integrity.
* Demonstrated ability to closely follow testing protocols and
quality procedures, and reporting results in a useful manner.
* Familiarity with Quality Management systems and understanding of
its application to manufacturing processes.
* Excellent computer skills utilizing spreadsheets, databases and
logistics software packages such MS Office, and SAP.
* Written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Numerical skills in order to report results
* Self-motivated and must be able to work independently and
completing repetitive tasks.
* Demonstrated skills entering, retrieving and manipulating data in
a Quality Management System and Microsoft based computer
* Knowledgeable of manufacturing and mining processes in a related
* Organizational and detail skills are required.
* Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
* Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
* Access all areas within a site which could include confined
spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* The employee will be required to perform the following actions
(from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
* Able to lift over 50 pounds occasionally.
* The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions:
Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric
Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Mineral Particles.
* Minimum of two (2) years quality or laboratory experience
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life
balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist North America, Citrus Heights , Lab Technician, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!