-Medical Assistant, Infusion Center
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Citrus Heights
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Organization:SDH-Sutter Davis HospitalPosition Overview:
-Provides clinical and clerical support to providers and members of
the patient care team(s) by performing a variety of back office and
patient-related tasks supporting the delivery of high-quality
patient care. Helps ensure smooth patient and workflow within the
department and assists the patient care team in implementing the
medical plan of care. Integrates education, technical competence,
and patient interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation
from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare
providers. Performs all duties under the direction of a
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) or
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of various medical procedures, views, and
- Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology,
and medical terminology.
- Competent and validated in basic Medical Assisting skills such
as taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, and
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
objectives.Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Part TimeShift Hours:8Days of the
Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Every other
WeekendBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:24Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Citrus Heights , -Medical Assistant, Infusion Center, Healthcare , Citrus Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!