Mental Health Therapist
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: Citrus Heights
Posted on: May 5, 2022
The Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical Model.
Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct individual and family therapy sessions, and other case
management tasks, as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- - - - - Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely
throughout the course of treatment.
- - - - - Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and
- - - - - Carries a case load of 5-6 patients.
- - - - - Facilitates admission assessments and the admission
process for new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a
- - - - - Understands role in providing expeditious access to care
for individuals seeking services.
- - - - - Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates
weekly treatment goals with all team members.
- - - - - Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly
for patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with
the patients' level of care.
- - - - - Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups
one to two times, daily.
- - - - - Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once
- - - - - Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or
- - - - - Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies,
providing appropriate clinical information to obtain initial
authorization and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- - - - - Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved
ones. Returning all calls and emails within 2 hours during business
hours of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- - - - - Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of
danger to self or others.
- - - - - May provide additional clinical support for other members
of the clinical team in their absence.
- - - - - Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- - - - - Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- - - - - Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- - - - - Ensures discharge appointments are confirmed with patient
and loved ones prior to discharge.
- - - - - Communicates with referral sources and outpatient
providers for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and
- - - - - Facilitates patient transfers to higher level of care, as
- - - - - Actively participates in clinical outreach and program
tours, as needed.
- - - - - Effectively manages crises in sessions and the
- - - - - Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions
with patients and their loved ones.
- - - - - Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and
milieu staff to always ensure the highest level of clinical
- - - - - Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.
Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and
returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call.
Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional
Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.
This is a full-time position that will work Monday through Friday,
10:30 AM - 6:30 PM. -For a virtual tour of the facility, please
visit our website at discoverymood.com .
- - - - - Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field,
- - - - - Completion of state requirements and state license to
conduct therapeutic interventions required
- - - - - Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- - - - - Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90
days of hire
- - - - - Must possess a current driver's license and be in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.---All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at
PandoLogic. Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Citrus
Heights, CA - 95611
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Citrus Heights , Mental Health Therapist, Healthcare , Citrus Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!