Location: Citrus Heights
Posted on: May 4, 2022
We provide first-class surgical services for local communities
and recognize our employees as our number one assets. As a PACU
nurse at our facility, you have the opportunity to enjoy no calls,
no weekends and no holidays. We focus on offering a high quality,
ambulatory care alternative to a hospital for surgical procedures.
We have been in operation at this location since -2001 and perform
over 5,000 surgeries per year. Speciality areas include ENT,
General Surgery, GYN, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pain Management,
Plastic Surgery, Podiatry, Oral Surgery and Urology. Under the
direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU manager, the PACU nurse is
responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for
the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with
continual evaluation of the patients'' condition, providing patient
safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, assist the
physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious
sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate.
Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to
patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation.
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Experience in PACU -
- SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Interdependent Partnering
- Good communication and human relations skills. -
- Mastering Complexity
- Ability to organize and follow through on own initiative.
- Ability to master new skills. -
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of perioperative process
including knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia
- Current nursing assessment and patient care skills.
- Telemetry experience necessary -
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice nursing
- CPR certified. ACLS certification is required within 6 months
of employment if not currently certified. -
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferred. -
- Work environment
- Outpatient Surgery
- Physical demands (i.e. works on a computer, use of telephone,
lifts up to 50 lbs.)
- Works on computer, uses telephone.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking,
standing, sitting. Light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts,
equipment, ect. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist, be
able to kneel. -The above statements reflect the general outline
considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this
job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all
work requirements of the position. -Employment practices will not
be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Citrus Heights , PACU RN, Healthcare , Citrus Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!