Company: Dollar General
Location: Citrus Heights
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day! by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In
addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells
products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox,
Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever,
Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo.
Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Oversees the daily activities of and development and training for
the distribution center maintenance department to ensure rapid
response to departmental requests for repair or service. Identifies
performance indicators. Develops and communicates action plans for
improvement. Responsible for interior and exterior upkeep of
distribution center facility and grounds.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and evaluates the overall performance of Rapistan and
Sortview systems and equipment.
- Works closely with supervisors and team leaders to coordinate
preventative maintenance programs and schedules to reduce or
eliminate operational downtime.
- Coordinates with DC employees to make repairs or changes to
- Identifies and manages department team assigned to respond to
major catastrophes within the distribution center; prepares and
updates contingency plans.
- Identifies maintenance department performance indicators;
develops and communicates Productivity Improvement Plans to track
areas identified for improvement.
- Participates on management team; conducts departmental analysis
to identify gaps and develops action plans for
- Reviews staffing vs operational plans on a daily basis; adjusts
staffing to meet DC needs.
- Collaborates with managers and supervisors regarding current
and future infrastructures and mechanical buildings/facilities
needs and to develop action plans.
- Coordinates multiple mechanical and facilities projects
- Reviews departmental strategic goals and sets performance
- Monitors department budget on a weekly basis; assists DC
Manager in development of the yearly capital plan.
- Represents distribution center in business relationships with
outside vendors, contractors and other third parties.
- Monitors facility compliance to OSHA standards and maintains
- Represents distribution center in working with OSHA, DEA, FDA,
FCC, and the Department of Health.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical, mechanical, and voice
and data communication drawings, and various diagrams.
- Understanding of systems such as conveyor, sort view, graphical
monitors, and rapid sort controller.
- Working knowledge of security and fire protection
- Comprehension of conveyor system sortation reports, fire
protection and security alarm reports, capital variance reports,
and OSHA requirements/logs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, autocad systems, and programmable
- Competency to develop the required skill set of the supervisor
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Two to five years experience as a maintenance/facilities
- Two to five years experience in an automated retail
distribution center environment preferred.
- Experience in budget planning and tracking.
- Experience with high-speed sortation and conveyors in a
computerized environment preferred.
Extensive vocational training or college required.
- On-call twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week to support
distribution center operations.
APPLY ONLINE BELOW
Keywords: Dollar General, Citrus Heights , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Citrus Heights, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!